JOB TITLE: LEASING AGENT
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
Leasing Agent has a strong work ethic, with an attention to detail, motivation and exceeds customer expectations by accurate work and high productivity while performing key responsibilities based on assigned job function.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Leasing Agents meets or exceeds Exponential’s expectations by meeting and exceeding established quality/accuracy.
- Strictly adheres to all posted procedures
- Maintains acceptable attendance based on Exponential Absence Policy guidelines, which are measured against the number of unscheduled missed days. Must be at work on time. Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
- Demonstrates a positive “team” oriented demeanor and approach toward work assignments.
- Contributes to ongoing success of the entire team by willingly accepting and embracing “other duties as required” along with willingness to help the department as a whole
- Actively cross-trains in other areas, as required, outside of a primary job function
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization
- Other measurements of demeanor/teamwork include, but are not limited to, effectiveness in working with co-workers, ability to work overtime, sense of urgency within the department, ability to work unsupervised, flexibility, and an overall quality focused demeanor toward work and Exponential.
- Maintains a professional, neat and orderly work area
- Attends team talks regularly
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- Provides customer service excellence
The following summarizes the key job accountabilities to be performed by a Leasing Agent in assigned job function:
GENERATE TRAFFIC FOR PROPERTY:
- Work with local employers to generate traffic.
- Contact and work with locators.
- Contact current residents for referrals and inform them of special bonuses available for referrals.
- Complete market surveys.
- Shop other properties to survey competition and to learn new closing techniques.
- One hour of outreach marketing per day/any/all needed to enhance occupancy.
GREET, QUALIFY AND CLOSE PROSPECTS:
- Take phone calls from prospects and make appointments.
- Greet prospects and complete a guest card for each.
- Qualify prospect on type, size, price and amenities available.
- Refer prospect to another EXPPM property if unable to help.
- Obtain picture I.D. before showing prospect a unit or model.
- Sell the prospect on the merits of the property.
- Use closing techniques to get the lease.
- Follow up with phone calls.
VERIFY APPLICATIONS AND PROCESS PAPERWORK FOR NEW LEASES
- Call Credit Company to obtain current credit report.
- Call past landlords for references.
- Call employers to verify employment and ability to pay rent.
- Notify prospect of acceptance or denial of application.
- Complete all paperwork and prepare lease packet for move-ins.
- Insure the timely move in of new residents.
KEEP CURRENT RESIDENTS SATISFIED
- Take calls for maintenance requests from residents.
- Call back residents to check on maintenance performed.
- Perform after hours “on call” duties as required.
- Help plan and direct social activities.
ASSIST THE MANAGER AND ASSISTANT MANAGER AS REQUIRED
- Collect rents and security deposits.
- Notify residents who are delinquent in paying
- Assist with gathering information for weekly and monthly reports.
- Periodically audit lease files for accuracy.
- Inspect units to ensure readiness and adherence to company standards.
- Complete all training classes required and provided by Gracehill
- Working Conditions: Extensive walking and climbing (stairs), frequent sitting, computer use, stooping and kneeling, moderate stress, light lifting, carrying and travel on property.
- Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and good physical condition.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: Goggles, gloves and dust protector masks. Work Environment: Primarily inside, secondarily outside, work around traffic areas, slippery or uneven walk areas, and exposure to dust, insects, animals, weather, humidity and the general public.
- Physical Requirements: Seeing, hearing, mobility and excellent physical condition.
- Hazards: Vehicle, slip and fall.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Seat belt and correct shoes for walking the property.
- Wear proper working attire as specified by Property Manager.
- Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents, clients, and guests.
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude with other employees.
- Any other duties as assigned by Director of Operation, Regional Manager or Property Manager.