JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: PROPERTY MANAGER
Assistant Managers are responsible for keeping accurate property records, for seeing to it that available space is leased, that tenants are retained, and that the property is effectively maintained within budgeted parameters. Assistant Manager has a strong work ethic, with an attention to detail, motivation and exceeds customer expectations by accurate work and high productivity while performing key responsibilities based on assigned job function.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ensures Assistant Managers meets or exceeds Exponential’s expectations by meeting and exceeding established quality/accuracy
- Strictly adheres to all posted procedures
- Maintains acceptable attendance based on Exponential Absence Policy guidelines, which are measured against the number of unscheduled missed days. Must be at work on time. Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
- Demonstrates a positive “team” oriented demeanor and approach toward work assignments.
- Contributes to ongoing success of the entire team by willingly accepting and embracing “other duties as required” along with willingness to help the department.
- Actively cross-trains in other areas, as required, outside of a primary job function
- Interacts effectively with individuals and groups inside and outside the organization
- Other measurements of demeanor/teamwork include, but are not limited to, effectiveness in working with co-workers, ability to work overtime, sense of urgency within the department, ability to work unsupervised, flexibility, and an overall quality focused demeanor toward work and Exponential.
- Maintains a professional, neat and orderly work area
- Attends team talks regularly
- Represents the company in a professional manner
- Provides customer service excellence
The following summarizes the key job accountabilities to be performed by a Assistant Manager in assigned job function:
ASSIST MANAGER/ACTING MANAGER: (Assist Property Manager as requested and perform Property Manager duties in absence of Property Manager.)
- Assist Property Manager with resident renewals.
- Help resolve resident disputes and problems.
- Help with gathering data for preparation of annual property budget.
- Supervise and direct staff in absence of Property Manager.
- Schedule make-readies to prepare units for new residents.
- Schedule outside make-ready services as needed and budgeted.
- Inspect units to ensure readiness and adherence to company standards.
KEEP CURRENT RESIDENTS SATISFIED:
- Take calls for maintenance request from residents.
- Call back residents to check on maintenance performed.
- Purchase necessary parts, supplies and services that are within budget.
- Perform after hours “on call” duties as required.
- Help plan and direct social activities
COLLECT RENTS AND SECUIRTY DEPOSITS
- Collect all rents and security deposits.
- Post rent and miscellaneous income receipts.
- Notify residents who are delinquent in paying.
- Initiate eviction procedures for residents.
- Maintain accurate records of rent collection.
- Ensure that money collected are deposited daily.
- Record the time and date of collections.
- Posting and follow-up of NSF checks.
- Turn over bad debts to collection agency.
PREPARE REPORTS AND PAPERWORK
- Gather information and complete repots in a timely and accurate manner.
- Computation Report
- Move-Out Report
- Vacancy Report
- Traffic Report
- Weekly Activity Report
- Periodically audit lease files for accuracy.
- Process Status Change forms.
- Assist in processing invoices weekly.
LEASING PROPERTY (Meet budgeted earnings by assuring that units are leased.)
- Generate traffic or prospective residents.
- Make appointments with prospects.
- Qualify prospects.
- Sell them on the merit of the property.
- Close the lease.
- Process lease applications and all paperwork associated with generating a lease.
- Insure the timely move in or new residents.
- Generate new leases through working with local employers, locaters, and current residents.
- Complete market surveys.
- Work Conditions: Extensive walking and climbing (stairs), frequent sitting, computer use, stooping and kneeling, moderate stress, light lifting, carrying and travel on property.
Physical Requirements: Extensive mobility and good physical condition.
- Work Environment: Primarily inside, secondarily outside, work around traffic areas, slippery or uneven walk areas, and exposure to dust, insects, animals, weather, humidity and the general public.
Physical Requirements: Seeing, hearing, mobility and good physical condition.
Hazards: Vehicle slip and fall.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Seat belt and correct shoes for walking the property.
- Wear proper working attire as specified by Director of Operations.
- Always display a friendly and courteous attitude towards residents, clients, and guests.
- Never confront supervisor or other employees in front of residents.
- Contribute and act as a team player
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude with other employees.
- Any other duties as assigned by Director of Operation, Regional Manager or Property Manager.